Pages


Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Primal (2009) (Not to be confused with a movie of the same name in 2007)

   This was a pretty decent movie so I won't spoil it for you by revealing too much,but rest assured that when I watch a really bad movie you won't be spared the details.
   Primal is about a group of friends who go camping in the outback, and as you can guess, it doesn't turn out so well.One of the characters skinny dips (yes, there's a little " naked chick action" for the guys, not much though) in what turns out to be some kind of foul, leech infested water that later turns her into a bloodthirsty maniac with wicked barracuda-like teeth.She then begins to terrorize the rest of the camp forcing them to decide whether to try to help her or kill her.Killing her would be the only option for me, she's pretty freaky!                  
   This movie had a couple of really creepy elements to it that can't really be discussed without spoiling some of the movie for you.I went into it thinking the plot was pretty cut-and-dried, but there were a few things I didn't expect.In my opinion the acting was done well.No one really stood out to me as being a bad actor.I have to admit that there were a couple of scenes that I found funny though I'm sure that wasn't their intention.As for gore, there were a few good gory scenes that I really enjoyed.The gorier the better!Overall I found this movie entertaining and didn't come away with that "Wow, I just lost an hour and a half I can't get back." feeling.
   Now I look forward to my next horror movie adventure and hope to come across a really bad one.I always enjoy making fun of a really bad horror movie.It's almost as satisfying as watching a really good one (or maybe that's just me).
   Well I hope you enjoyed my review and I hope you will check out Primal, if you haven't already.I've included a trailer of the movie if you're interested in checking that out.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment