Pages


Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Le6ion of the Dead (2001)

   William (Michael Carr) and Luke (Russell Friedenberg) are on their way to Ridgecrest to visit their buddy Joe...Uhhhggg!!I can't do this!Le6ion of the Dead was just as stupid as the "6" they put in place of the "g" in the title.I was going to try to follow my usual format of starting with the plot summary and then get more in depth into what goes on in the movie, but Le6ion of the Dead has me completely stupified.This movie was a failed attempt at a horror/comedy that just came across as STUPID (You probably noticed that I've used the word "stupid" quite a bit in this paragraph...it's because it was that stupid!).
   Though I got the impression that William and Luke are traveling quite a distance to visit their friend in Ridgecrest, for some strange reason they're walking.I thought maybe I missed something and their car broke down, but no, they're just walking.As they are hoofing it along a deserted desert highway a guy pulls over and offers them a ride and they consider turning him down but decide to take the ride.Mike (Christopher Kriesa) makes it clear, almost immediately, that he picked them up with the intention of killing them.They go through a series of adventures with "Psycho Mike" until their friend Joe happens to come along and save them.The three of them then end up in Ridgecrest's local bar where things go from bad to worse, and I don't mean their situation, I mean the movie.William instantly falls for waitress Geena (Kimberly Liebe), who is being followed by an ancient demon named Tagaio (Matthias Hues). Tagaio has been creating a legion of the dead and wants Geena, who is also a demon, but a good one (barf), by his side.The not so scary (unless you're taking his awful acting into consideration) ancient demon gives everyone in the bar two hours to hand over Geena or he will kill them all (Probably with his bad acting...I know it almost killed ME!). Anyway...I won't waste too much time talking about what happens between then and the end of the movie because I don't really care to relive it.I'll skip right to the end and tell you that at one point William dies and Geena uses her demon powers to breath life back into him (Because they're so in love after knowing each other for two or three damn hours.) and then suddenly he and Luke, who was also killed at some point, are sitting in the bar and everything is normal as if William was just daydreaming.WTF?!!!
   Le6ion of the Dead was beyond terrible.I can't say that I recognized any of the actors and I'm sure that it's because they were never able to find work again with this disaster on their resume.I was extremely irritated that most of the movie turned out to be a stupid daydream.I don't want someone to snap out of it and find that everything is just fine.Doesn't it defeat the purpose of it being a horror movie? Honestly, this movie was awful anyway, so I guess it's not that big of a deal, but what a lame attempt at a big twist!I would not recommend that anyone waste their time watching this movie.Some of you may let your curiosity get the best of you and attempt to watch it...don't do it, you'll only be setting yourself up for disappointment and possibly therapy sessions to rid yourself of the horrible memories.I have absolutely nothing good to say about Le6ion of the Dead...well wait...at least there isn't a Le6ion of the Dead II. Netflix rated this movie 1.9 out of 5 stars but that's just not acceptable.I'll give it 1 star and most of that is out of pity.

1 comment: